Thursday, January 7, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I had every intention of starting this blog as soon as Caroline was born so I could update everyone on her development and day-to-day activities. Well, she turns six weeks tomorrow and I'm just now getting around to writing anything. I've spent the past six weeks in utter bliss, despite the severe lack of sleep and the insecurities of being a parent for the first time. John and I have been getting to know this new little person, discovering her distinct personality (that is already quite apparent even at such a young age), and falling in love with her. Parenthood is just as scary and amazing as everyone told us it would be, and now we can't imagine life without her.

Everyone in our household is adjusting well to the new addition. Kenzie is very protective of Caroline and gets very upset with me when she cries. She loves to sit next to Caroline and me and is constantly trying to give her kisses. She doesn't seem to be too bothered by not being the center of attention, but she makes sure that people still acknowledge her when they come to see the baby. Puss is much less obvious with her affection, as cats generally are. She is mildly curious about this weird little human and tends to keep her distance. I think when Caroline is a little older and is a bit more fun for them they will all get along well.

Even though this blog got off to a late start I promise to make an effort to post updates more often. I just keep getting distracted by you-know-who.


No comments:

Post a Comment